Live it up with this fun-filled DreamTrip to San Francisco, where you'll sip and sample wines in Napa Valley and Sonoma and venture by ferry to visit the infamous Alcatraz. Adults 21+ only. Book by September 13.
Raise your glass and toast to flavorful adventures in and around San Francisco on a full-day tour that’s not to be missed — don’t forget your camera! First, in the morning, you’ll venture to Muir Woods National Monument (or another astounding coastal forest), where you’ll be amazed at the massive, old-growth redwood trees — some are a thousand years old! From there, it’s off to Sonoma and Napa Valley in the afternoon. Along the way, you’ll sample some of the world’s best vintages at renowned wineries while you take in the rolling hills and picturesque vineyards of this celebrated wine-producing region. This amazing tour also includes lunch and some time for shopping and wine tasting at Sonoma Plaza — this historic town square is filled with restaurants, shops, galleries and tasting rooms.
On Day 2, the hotel is steps away from Pier 33 which leads you to the Alcatrez Island. Take the ferry down to the island and learn the history of "the Rock." Experience the history of America's most notorious jail through the men who lived it.
What we love:
• The National Park Service estimates the average age for mature coastal redwoods is between 800 and 1,500 years old.
• Sonoma County wineries regularly place in international competitions for their wonderfully robust wines — popular varietals from the region include Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir.
•The Harry Potter franchise features a wizarding island prison called Azkaban which is partly based on Alcatraz.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in San Francisco, California, as well as:
• Full-day Wine Country tour; includes lunch, wine tastings at 3 wineries with 2 stops in Sonoma and 1 stop in Napa Valley, plus transportation, tour guide, gratuities and all fees and taxes. See Additional Information for details and restrictions.
• Admission to Alcatrez Island with the self-guided Cellhouse Audio Tour; includes round-trip ferry service from Pier 33. See Additional Information for details and restrictions.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
• Welcome reception at the hotel.
• A host, whose goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips experience from landing to liftoff — they host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more. (Please note: A host will be provided only on trips with bookings of 10 or more adults.)
• A convenient “Know Before You Go” guide, with details of your trip and other helpful travel information. (Please note: This guide will be emailed to you within a week of your travel start date.)
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is San Francisco International Airport (SFO), approximately 15 miles (24 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
For peace of mind, why not consider an optional travel insurance plan through Travel Guard? Offering assistance with common travel problems like flight delays or lost luggage, Travel Guard can help you start your next adventure prepared for the unexpected!
Napa Valley and Sonoma Wine tour:
• This is a full day tour, approximately 11 hours.
• Please dress accordingly to unexpected climbing or falling temperature. Highly recommend comfortable walking shoes during this tour.
Alcatrez Island Tour:
• Round-trip ferry service to Alcatraz Island included.
• Award winning "Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour; self guided with provided equipment or can be downloaded on cell phone via app.
• Pier 33 Alcatrez Landing is the launch site to the Island. Screenings including temperature checks will take place at the landing.
• Face coverings are required throughout the entire Alcatrez experience.
• It is recommended you plan about 3 hours for this tour, including the roundtrip boat time. It is also recommended for you to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to your departure time.
• Roads and walkways at Alcatrez are steep. The distance from the dock to the Cellhouse is 1/4 miles and the elevation change is 130 feet, the equivalent of walking up a 13-story building. Wear comfortable athletic shoes.
• No food service offered on the ferry and consumption of food is prohibited on the Island.• No food service offered on the ferry and consumption of food is prohibited on the Island.
Travel is unpredictable and country restrictions due to COVID-19 change regularly; please understand that the policies below apply and you are encouraged to purchase travel protection.
Cancellation Policy*: If you cancel 76 days or more before the start date of your trip, you will get a refund less a fee of up to US$100. If you cancel within 75 days of the start date of your trip, your trip will not be refunded. All fees are applicable on a per-person basis.
*This cancellation policy is subject to rules and regulations in applicable jurisdictions in which our travel supplier is based. In the event of conflict between the cancellation policy displayed here and cancellation terms in supplier booking terms, the more restrictive of the two terms will prevail.
Name Change Policies: Name changes are generally not allowed on trips to avoid fraud, gaming and profiteering. We want to ensure that most of our travelers are members. For this DreamTrip, we do make certain exclusions, including the policy below:
We reserve the right to refuse a name change at our sole discretion. If allowed, name changes must be done no later than September 13 and are subject to a fee up to US$100. Name changes after this date are not allowed.
Transfer Policies: Transfers of bookings from one member to another member are subject to the policy below:
Booking transfers must be done no later than September 13 and are subject to a fee of up to US$100. Booking transfers after this date are not allowed.
Members can’t combine DreamTrips Points. Your membership level determines the maximum amount of DreamTrips Points you can use. If you have more than 50 Rovia Bucks, you can apply them in the checkout process.
Hotel/resort credits and/or discounts cannot be converted to cash, and any not used during your stay will expire immediately upon your departure. Member is responsible for paying any taxes that may be added to items purchased with hotel/resort credit.
In the unfortunate event that an activity or excursion is no longer available, we will substitute a similar activity of equal or greater value.
Make sure that your passport and visa, if applicable, are up-to-date before you leave! It’s important to double check that you have all the identification and other documentation required by the specific country you’re traveling to. In many countries, passports and visas must be valid for 6 months or longer after the trip end date. If you are unable to obtain the required identification and other documentation, the Cancellation Policy for this DreamTrip will apply.
Make sure that you request a name change or room change at least 31 or more days before the 1st day of your trip. Due to contractual supplier policies, we may not be able to confirm requested name or room changes to existing bookings for trips that are scheduled to travel within 30 days of your request.
Each individual, including each child, who is coming along with you on your DreamTrip is required to have a booking prior to the commencement of the trip. If you do not book and pay for each such person in advance of the trip, you will be charged the hotel’s then-current rate, not the trip price, for each such person at the time of your check-in.
Pricing for children is based on their age at the time of travel and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of individual hotels and all-inclusive resorts. Also, pricing for children can vary, and may be higher than pricing for adults. Therefore, before you book any travel, please check the relevant hotel or resort website for applicable terms and conditions as well as details regarding their pricing structure.
Pricing shown is for each person, and is based on 2 adults per room.
Please don’t consider your change requests official until you receive a confirmation email from us.